Almost everyone knows "someone" who got married in Las Vegas since there are approximately 130,000 wedding ceremonies performed in Vegas chapels each year. There are a number of chapels from which to choose for those who are looking for a wedding that is unique and certainly different from a ceremony that you would have in Iowa, North Dakota, Georgia or Connecticut.
It is easy to obtain a marriage license as the rules in the "wedding center of the world" are as follows:
- No blood test required.
- No waiting period.
- Marriage license fee is $55 - cash only.
- Couple has one year from date of issuance of license for ceremony to be performed in the State of Nevada.
- Both parties must be present at the Marriage License Bureau, 200 South Third Street, First Floor, Las Vegas, NV 89155. Phone 702-455-4415.
- Courthouse hours: Monday thru Thursday from 8:00 am to Midnight, Friday from 8:00 am thru Sunday Midnight. Open on holidays 24 hours.
- Those who wish civil marriages may be married in the Courthouse from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm daily, including weekends and holidays.
- Proof of age is required by adults 18 and older: a state drivers license, state ID card, passport, military ID or certified copy of birth certificate - and you MUST know your Social Security number.
- One witness other than the minister or clerk of the court is required.
- A State of Nevada statute: "A male and female person, at least 18 years of age, shall not be nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of the half blood, and not having a husband or wife living, can be bound in marriage."
These are some of the more well-known Las Vegas wedding chapels:
The Little White Wedding Chapel
1301 Las Vegas Blvd. South, 702-382-5943
- In business more than 60 years.
- Decorated in white, silver and gold with burgundy carpet and white pews.
- Non-denominational and religious services available.
- Can accommodate up to 80 guests.
- Rates range from $40 to $799.
- The chapel is open on weekdays from 7 am to 3 am; on weekends 24 hours a day.
- This chapel has a drive-thru window. Owner Charlotte Richards states that The Little White Wedding Chapel was the first to have a drive-thru which was originally added to accommodate physically disabled clients.
- Celebrity weddings - Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney, Michael Jordan and most recently, Britney Spears.
- The chapel will provide an Elvis impersonator upon request.
Princess Wedding Chapel
305 Convention Center Drive, 702-967-0045
- In business for the past four years.
- Decorated in Greco-Italian style with lots of columns and murals.
- Ministers of all ethnicities and languages available.
- Can accommodate up to 70 guests.
- Rates range from $199 to $2,200 (includes a three -night stay at Greek Isles Hotel). Prices are based upon the princess wedding a couple chooses. Options are anywhere from Cinderella to Diana to Queen Elizabeth.
- The chapel is available for bookings to accommodate scheduled weddings.
- No drive-thru but both limousine and helicopter weddings are available.
- The chapel will provide the following impersonators: Elvis, Bette Midler, Rodney Dangerfield, Liberace, and others…..
Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
1205 Las Vegas Blvd. South, 384-0771
- This chapel has been in business since 1999.
- The décor changes every day.
- All religious affiliations are available and ministers are all in character from Mr. Spock of Star Trek to James Bond.
- Can accommodate up to 100 guests.
- Rates range from $75 to $7,000 package which includes three days and two nights at the Las Vegas Hotel honeymoon suite, a two-day luxury car rental and tickets to see a Danny Gans performance.
- The chapel is open from 9 a.m. until the last wedding is performed.
- An Elvis impersonator will be provided upon request.
- Weddings can be broadcast live on the Internet.
619 Las Vegas Blvd., 382-0091
- This chapel was initially opened in the early 1920's and was officially named Graceland in the 1970's.
- The décor is "quaint and cozy".
- Dee-Dee Duffy, co-owner, states that they have the "only ordained Elvis minister" at Graceland Chapel.
- The chapel can accommodate 40 guests comfortably but have had up to 100 at times.
- Rates range from $135 to $999. The highest price package includes three Elvis impersonators from three different periods of his life. The owner, Brendan Paul, is a famous Elvis impersonator.
- The chapel is open from 8 am to midnight seven days a week.
Special Memory Wedding Chapel
800 So. Fourth Street, 702-384-2211
- This wedding chapel is ten years old.
- Décor is New England exterior; traditional interior.
- Civil or religious ceremonies are available.
- Two wedding chapels are available to accommodate large parties of up to 110 guests and small parties - up to 30 guests.
- Rates range from $200 to $600.
- The chapel is open from Monday through Friday 8 am to 10 pm. On weekends, weddings may be held by the half hour until midnight.
- Drive-thru weddings are performed at the Special Memory Wedding Chapel.
- Gordon Gust, owner, states "During the Las Vegas Marathon, someone is running through the drive thru to do their wedding vows."
- An Elvis impersonator and "a dead ringer for Tom Jones" can be provided upon request.
Cindy's Wedding Chapel
827 Las Vegas Blvd. South, 598-4444
- This chapel is forty years old.
- The décor consists of stained glass windows with white pews and a steeple.
- There is one main minister but others can be used if required.
- The chapel can accommodate 40 guests comfortably but has held up to 100 people.
- Rates range from $179 to $1,499. The most expensive package will provide a releasing of doves and 144 photos at Red Rock Canyon.
- The wedding chapel is open on weekends 24 hours a day while hours during the week vary.
- Cupid's Wedding Chapel offers Family Unity Ceremonies for couples with children from previous relationships.
- Celebrity impersonators of Elvis, Tom Jones and Austin Powers will be provided upon request
For more information about Weddings in Las Vegas Nevada visit Las Vegas Weddings