Nevada Real Estate
For those individuals who wish to live in the Southwest but are unable to afford the home prices in Las Vegas, there are other cities in the state of Nevada where real estate can be purchased at lower prices. One of these cities that is convenient to Las Vegas is Mesquite which is 77 miles away. This small, charming city is also located on the border of Arizona and Utah.
Examples of some of the Mesquite real estate:
- 3 bedroom, 2 baths, 1,186 square feet, single family home with pool and one car garage, built in 1998 with dishwasher, disposal, range, oven, refrigerator, partially fenced, ceiling fans in most rooms, central air conditioning…..asking price $192,900.
- 4 bedroom, 2 baths, 1,986 square feet, single family home with three car garage, built in 2000, tiled floor in updated kitchen, stainless steel appliances, tile and carpeting in other rooms, double sink in master bathroom, large walk-in closet in master bedroom…….asking price $298,000
- Median household income - $40,392
- Median family income - $42,941
- Per capita income - $20,191
- Average price of 2 bedroom home - $228,784
- Average price of 3 bedroom home - $317,123
Another desirable area in the state of Nevada is Carson City. It motto is "Proud of its past, confident of its future." The capital city of Nevada, it was founded in the boom town days of silver mining and was named for famous explorer Kit Carson. Prospectors found silver in the hills east of Carson City which was called the Comstock Lode, the largest silver mine in world history.
The city covers 155.7 square miles. Downtown Carson City is located in Eagle Valley, which is surrounded by the Sierra Nevada Range to the west and the Virginia Range to the east. The highest point in the city is Snow Valley Peak, which is an elevation of 9,214 feet high. The city borders Lake Tahoe on the west while the Carson River runs through it in the east.
Carson City demographics
- Population (2006) - 58,089 residents
- Median income household - $47,768
- Median income family - $56,621
- Per capita income - $22,985
Examples of Carson City real estate:
- 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1,362 square feet, single family home with 2 car garage, open floor plan, remodeled kitchen offers Jenn Air stove, granite counters, tiled floor, two separate decks, large shade trees in front and back of immaculate home…..asking price $257,900
- 3 bedroom, 2 baths, 1,150 square feet, single family home with 2 car garage, ceiling fans, freshly painted interior with neutral colors, lots of cabinet and closet space, quiet cul de sac close to schools and shopping, fenced rear yard…..asking price $229,900
There are two public high schools, two public middle schools and six public elementary schools in Carson City. For those seeking higher education, the area offers Western Nevada Community College and branches of the University of Nevada-Reno, the University of Nevada-Las Vegas and Nevada State College at Henderson for local residents.