Boulder City Nevada Real Estate
Boulder City, Nevada is located in Clark County and is situated 20 miles from the City of Las Vegas on the Arizona border. Incorporated on January 4, 1960, the city has a population of approximately 15,790 residents and has the distinction of being the only city in the State of Nevada that prohibits gambling within the city limits. The city was a residential community planned especially for workers building the Hoover Dam.
Boulder City covers an area of 202.7 square miles which makes it the third largest city in Nevada. However, strict control is exercised over the town's growth and only 120 building permits are issued each year. In addition, hotels are restricted to no more than 35 rooms each.
- Andrew Mitchell Elementary School
- Martha King Elementary School
- Elton M. Garrett Middle School
- Boulder City High School
- Christian Center Private Primary/Middle School
- Expenditure per student annually: $4,953
Median age: 40.8 years of age
Median household income: $50,527
Median price of houses: $207,600
Sales Tax: 7%
State Income Tax: None
There are a number of things for residents and visitors to see and do in Boulder City. Some of the lovely area parks include:
- Frank T. Crowe Park
- ABC Park
- Xeriscape Park
- Oasis Park
- Bicentennial Park
- Central Park
- Del Prado Park
- Lakeview Park
- Escalante Park
Lake Mead is a marvelous recreational area which encompasses 1.5 million acres and includes the well known and popular body of water, which is the 16th largest man-made lake in the western hemisphere. The lake is created by the flow of the Colorado River which is captured by Hoover Dam. With 820 miles of shoreline, the area provides ample opportunities for boating, swimming, hiking, scuba diving and fishing. There are numerous campgrounds and hotels, boat and Jet Ski rental services, restaurants, beaches and four marinas.
Hoover Dam is another famous area attraction. Completed in 1935, this is the highest concrete dam in the world. Exhibits, theatre presentations, and guided tours are offered showing visitors how this project was started during the Great Depression to channel the Colorado River and to provide employment and housing for the laborers who worked on this huge engineering marvel.
Examples of Homes for Sale in Boulder City
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath, finished 3 car garage, one story single family home built in 1995, frame and stucco, lot size 7,000 square feet, home size 1,437 square feet, central air and gas heat, front yard desert landscaped with mature trees and bushes, large covered patio in backyard, RV parking, eat in kitchen with pot shelves, ceiling fans and blinds stay, sliding door to back yard………asking price $384,900
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, central air, one story, single family home in over 55 community , clubhouse, rec room, community pool, on quiet cul de sac, private back yard with trees and shrubs, ceramic tile flooring and carpeting, lovely view of mountains, freshly painted, 1,680 square feet…….asking price $359,999