Henderson Nevada Real Estate
Henderson, the second largest city in Nevada, was incorporated on April 16, 1953. Its original size was 13 square miles but it has grown and developed into an area of 94.5 square miles with an official city slogan "Henderson - The Place to Call Home."
- Ranked by Money Magazine in the top 20 Best Cities to Live in America (July 2006).
- Fastest growing city in American from 1990 to 1998 and remains one of the top five fastest growing cities in the United States.
- Surpassed Reno as Nevada's second largest city in December 1999.
- Ranked by Money Magazine as one of the top 50 Safest Cities in the United States in 1997.
- In the same year (1997), ranked by Zero Population Growth among the top 50 "Kid Friendly" cities in the US.
- Same property tax rate maintained for the past 13 years and continues to have one of the lowest rates in the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area as well as in the State of Nevada.
- Received national accreditation and recognition for Excellence in Parks and Recreation Administration.
Henderson has 25 Master Planned Communities that are used as models throughout the rest of the US. Following is an example of some of these communities:
This is a 1300 acre hillside community located in the southern foothills. There are a number of parks, walking trails, green belts and two golf courses - one is the championship Rio Secco 18 hole course and the other is the Butch Harmon School of Golf. Homes in this area range from $350,000 to $950,000 for homes built by developers. Custom homes fall into a more expensive category.
Lake Las Vegas
An exclusive community situated in the midst of a 2245 acre private canyon built around a 320 acre man-made lake. The homes include resort villas, terraced Mediterranean-style homes and other custom homes. Two private golf courses, a five star Ritz Carlton Hotel, a luxurious 500 room Hyatt Regency Resort, a private yacht club and marina and a shopping center featuring high end stores are available for buyers who can afford homes from the low $700,000s to over $6,000,000.
This over 55 gated community is located in the Black Mountains and features beautiful views of the entire Las Vegas Valley. Priced from $257,000 to $316,000, there are five well-planned model homes from which to choose. It is expected that this Del Webb Anthem Community will sell out by Summer of 2007. The Solera community recreation center offers a fitness center, spa, pool, billiards, tennis, computers and more.
This area is noted for being family-oriented and the Green Valley High School is known as one of the top ten high schools in the entire United States in 1997. A premiere master-planned community, Green Valley homes range from $300,000 to over $4,000,000. The city offers a number of walking trails and parks as well as elegant shops and gourmet restaurants.
Known today for its progressive business development, new roads and transportation projects and outstanding recreation amenities in addition to its master-planned communities, the City of Henderson has become one of the nation's most dynamic places to live, work and play.