Pahrump Nevada Real Estate
For those people who enjoy all that Las Vegas has to offer but who are unable to afford the home prices in that exciting city, Pahrump real estate might be a viable alternative. Originally inhabited by the Shoshone tribe, the area that is now Pahrump was discovered and populated by American settlers in the late 19th century. The town is named after the original Shoshone word "Pah-Rimpi" or "Water Rock" because of the numerous artesian rocks in the valley.
Pahrump received its first telephone service in the mid-1960s. At that time, the only roads leading to town were dirt or gravel. However, with the growth of Las Vegas, real estate speculators became interested in the area which resulted in a paved highway from Las Vegas to Pahrump. The first high school in town was introduced in 1972 and the area has grown from approximately 2,000 residents in 1980 to 67,482 in 2007.
- Median age of residents - 46.0
- Income per capita - $20,987
- Median household income - $39,300
- Sales Tax - 6.8%
- No state income tax
- Projected job growth through 2010 - 111.5%
- Area - approximately 400 square miles. The valley is 26 miles long and 8 - 12 miles wide.
- Elevation - 2,695 feet above sea level - considered high desert country.
- Annual rainfall - approximately 4.5 inches.
- Town motto - "Heart of the New Old West".
- Pahrump mission statement - "Our mission is to balance our history as a rural community with our need to provide appropriate and sustainable services to our citizens and those who visit our community."
- January average low temperature is 35.6 degrees.
- July average high temperature is 104.1 degrees.
- Number of days that are mostly sunny - 292 per year.
- Located approximately 60 miles from Las Vegas.
Examples of homes in Pahrump:
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath, single family home, 2,000 square feet with 3 car garage, fireplace in family room, eat in kitchen, fenced yard, sprinkler system, French doors from living room and family room to patio, ceiling fans in most rooms, granite counter tops, tile floors, professionally landscaped front yard…….asking price $299,900
- 4 bedroom, 2 bath, single family home, 2,254 square feet with 2 car garage, one acre home built in 1995, private well, fully fenced lot, formal living room with vaulted ceilings, huge kitchen with abundance of cabinets, new appliances, central air, custom patio and decking in back yard…..asking price $235,800
The area schools consist of one high school, one middle school and three elementary schools with over 3,000 students enrolled as well as a local Community College of Southern Nevada campus.
Why live in the Pahrump Valley? Because the residents are able to relax and enjoy their daily life since there is no traffic to fight, there is very little crime and there is time to spend doing the things they enjoy. The views are beautiful with breath-taking sunsets over the mountains. Mt. Charleston and the Spring Mountains are located in the east and the Nopah Vista Mountains are in the west. Pahrump is growing quickly and now is the time to purchase real estate while it is still so affordable.